Taking Education Online: A Unique Opportunity for the New Millenium
Envie de télécharger cette vidéo sur votre ordinateur ? Cliquez ici (poids : 648.3 Mo)
In the early years of the third millenium, most professors are still teaching in virtually the same way they were taught and their teachers were taught, stretching back centuries. This situation is likely to change, and soon. Technology is transforming (if not threatening to overwhelm) higher education, as MOOCs and online content become widely available. University students seeking to learn a topic who now have little if any choice are about to be presented with a vast array of choices. What student would not want to swap a tired professor writing slowly on a chalkboard for a well-produced series of videos and associated content, given by a world leader in the field? We are on the verge of a transformation on the scale of the transformation wrought by Gutenburg. This imminent change raises a host of fascinating and far-reaching questions.
Orateur(s) : Robert Sedgewick is the founding chair and the William O. Baker Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Princeton and a member of the board of directors of Adobe Systems.
Public : Tous
Date : Thursday 23 May 2013
Lieu : Amphithéâtre Durand, Campus Jussieu
- Le temps et les événements en informatique
- Le génie mathématique, du théorème des quatre couleurs à la classification des groupes
- Unifying logic and probability: A “New Dawn” for Artificial Intelligence?
- Taking Education Online: A Unique Opportunity for the New Millenium
- Lauréat prix Gilles Kahn 2012 : Camille Couprie
- Lauréat prix Gilles Kahn 2012 : Mathilde Noual
- Lauréat prix Gilles Kahn 2012 : Mathieu Feuillet
- Gilles Dowek: Are formal methods the future of air traffic control?
- Tony Hoare: Laws of concurrent system design
- On the Preservation of Digital Information
- L'information mentale
- Myths about MOOCs and Software Engineering Education
- Toward a Theory of Trust in Networks of Humans and Computers
- Computer Science: All Questions Answered
- Fluidization of discrete event models or a marriage between the discrete and the continuous
- Vers des bases de connaissances personnelles
- The new era of biology is computational
- Proofs, Secrets, and Computation
- Desperately seeking software perfection
- Les informaticiennes, de la dominance de classe aux discriminations de sexe
- Cybersecurity and network measurement : problematic in so many ways
- Really Big Data Analytics on Graphs with Trillions of Edges
- Robots that exceed human capabilities
- "Chirps" everywhere
- Abstract interpretation
- What Makes Digital Inclusion Good Or Bad? Liste détaillée.
En savoir +
Si vous rencontrez des problèmes pour visualiser la vidéo, nous vous recommandons de mettre à jour Flash Player